Bangalore, India, February 3-5, 2012
Sri Sri addressed the 5th International Women’s Conference (IWC), titled “Women and Technology” hosted at the Art of Living’s International Center in Bangalore, India.
Over 500 women leaders from 55 countries and all walks of life came together to reflect on the role of technology in women’s empowerment.
“There is a big divide between rural and urban women, not just in India but all over the world. Bridging this gap is the need of the day,” Sri Sri said at the IWC.
Women leaders in attendance included:
- Honorable Lulama Xingwana, Minister for Women, Children and People with Disabilities, Republic of South Africa;
- Honorable Ronit Tirosh, Member of Parliament, Israel;
- Ms. Shiren Ibrahim Fattah, Representative, Kurdish Government, Iraq;
- Honorable Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury, State Minister of Women and Children Affairs, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh; and
- Ms. Orna Sagiv, Honorable Consul General of Israel, Israel Consulate, Mumbai.