New Delhi, India, February 23, 2012
Sri Sri was invited as the Chief Guest at the 2012 Sitaram Jindal Prize ceremony to honor 20 Outstanding Selfless Workers in the arena of social upliftment.
Winners of the 2012 Jindal Prize, India’s largest cash prize designed to encourage societal responsibility, included:
- Dr A P J Abdul Kalam, Former President of India, for Science and Technology;
- Justice N Santosh Hegde for Social Development;
- Dr Veerendra Heggade for Health, including drugless healing;
- DHAN Foundation, Madurai for Rural Development and Poverty Alleviation; and
- Rishi Valley Education Centre, Chittor (AP) for Education with moral upliftment.