In 1981, Sri Sri established the Art of Living Foundation, an educational organization with a presence in over 150 countries. The Foundation’s individual development programs offer powerful tools to eliminate stress and foster a sense of well-being.
In 1997, Sri Sri founded the International Association for Human Values (IAHV), a humanitarian organization, which promotes societal responsibility and human values in political, economic, and social spheres.
IAHV and the Art of Living Foundation collaborate on humanitarian initiatives, including conflict resolution, disaster and trauma relief, environmental conservation, anti-corruption, prisoner rehabilitation, youth leadership, women’s empowerment, and universal education. Both organizations enjoy special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations.
In over 33 years of Service in more than 152 countries, The Art of Living Foundation and IAHV have:
- Affected more than 370 million people
- Planted more than 10 million trees around the world
- Transformed the lives of over 200,000 prison inmates through the prison program
- Trained 110,000 rural youth in Youth Leadership Training Program – mainly in India, Africa and South America
- Conducted over 165,000 free stress-relief workshops benefiting more than 5,688,000 people
- Built over 1,895 homes, 5,418 toilets, 1,152 bore-wells, 904 bio-gas plants
- Conducted 49,500 hygiene camps and 25,950 medical camps benefiting 2,582,500 people
- Reached 40,212 villages with the 5H program – Health, Hygiene, Homes, Harmony in diversity, Human values
- Trained over 6,000 farmers in organic farming
- Held more than 500 conferences with over 10,000 leaders from business, academia, sciences, art, and religion in participation
- Provided education to more than 43,886 children from 422 free schools across 20 states in India.
- Benefited 12,800 students from 36 schools across the United States through the The YES! for Schools program
Leading a “Walk for Water”, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar was joined by school children to spread awareness and inspire Bangalore residents to conserve water.
Seeking guidance from The Art of Living Founder, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar were the 30 prisoners of Bangalore Central Jail who have been transforming lives of prison inmates across seven prisons in Karnataka.